Monday, October 27, 2014

Couple Dead After Driveway Confrontation


"LITHONIA, GA — A husband and wife are dead after DeKalb County police say the man shot his wife and then killed himself.

"Officers responded to a report of the shooting in the 5000 block of Tunbridge Wells Road in Lithonia Saturday.

"They said a man confronted his wife when she pulled up to their driveway at about 7 p.m.

"He shot her in the car and then went inside and shot and killed himself, according to police.

"Police say the woman still had her foot on the accelerator at the time of the shooting, causing the car to crash into the garage.

"A female relative witnessed the incident and ran to get help.

"Neighbors reported hearing gunshots and then say they saw and heard a woman screaming while running up the street.

“`I heard some gunshots and I told my kids to get upstairs and get on the floor,` said neighbor McNeil James. `I looked at my surveillance footage and I saw a young lady in distress running up the street.`

"Police said they have been called to the residence before, but neighbors say they never thought it would escalate to this."


From wsbtv.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment